We had the pleasure of sponsoring the 2017 Aspen MGA Chili Cookoff this year. This award-winning recipe is PACKED FULL of flavor and is a must try!
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon Runnin Wild Gourmet Peppered Sea Salt Seasoning
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cubed or shredded
- 2 (15oz) cans of great northern beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 jalapeno (half for garnish)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (half for garnish)
- 1 avocado (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Stove-top Method: Add chicken broth, shredded chicken, and the rest of the ingredients into a medium saucepan, and stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Slow Cooker Method: Add chicken broth, rotisserie chicken, and the rest of the ingredients into a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with a fork. Add the beans during the last half hour of cooking. Shred the chicken.
- Serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!