We had the pleasure of sponsoring the 2017 Aspen MGA Chili Cookoff this year. This award-winning recipe is PACKED FULL of flavor and is a must try!
What You Will Need:
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups salsa verde – homemade or store bought
- 1 rotisserie chicken cubed or shredded – or 1lb raw chicken breast/thigh
- 2 15oz cans of great northern beans – 3 cans if you like a lot of beans
- 2 tsps of cumin
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp of dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp Runnin’ Wild Peppered Sea Salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 jalapeno – half for garnish
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped – half for garnish
- 1 avocado – optional for garnish
- Sour cream – optional for garnish
What To Do:
- Stovetop Method: Add chicken broth, shredded chicken, and the rest of the ingredients into a medium saucepan, and stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Slow Cooker Method: Add chicken broth, rotisserie chicken or *boneless skinless chicken breasts, and the rest of the ingredients into a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with a fork. Add the beans during the last half hour of cooking. Shred the chicken.
Serve warm with desired toppings.